Definition of vasectomy in English:
noun (plural vasectomies)
The surgical cutting and sealing of part of each vas deferens, typically as a means of sterilization.
- Surgical techniques used for vasectomy vary widely throughout the world.
- After a vasectomy, there will be numbness caused by the local anaesthetic.
- A vasectomy does not affect sex drive or ejaculation in any way.
- Example sentences
- I have rather painful periods myself, and am thinking about trying it… even though Mike is vasectomized and I really don't need birth control anymore.
- Some decades ago, experimenters vasectomised redwinged blackbirds in the hope of controlling their numbers.
- Vasectomized men were no more likely to have prostate cancer than those who had not had a vasectomy.
Words that rhyme with vasectomyhysterectomy, mastectomy, tonsillectomy
Definition of vasectomy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan