- 1Ornamental work in a vaulted roof or ceiling.More example sentences
- The new building resembled a mediaeval cathedral with its pointed arches, ribbed vaulting and flying buttresses.
- In the latter case, Gothic evolved from Romanesque vaulting (modelled on Roman precedent) following brilliant experiments in the eleventh century.
- Even the layman can coo over the magnificent ribbed vaulting, an 11 th-century innovation that had European architects squirming with envy.
More definitions of vaultingDefinition of vaulting in:
- The British & World English dictionary