- An Indian stringed instrument, with four main and three auxiliary strings. The southern type has a lutelike body; the older northern type has a tubular body and a gourd fitted to each end as a resonator.More example sentences
- Carnatic music, the classical music of south India, commonly employs such musical instruments as the veena, a stringed instrument, and a range of violins.
- Earlier, three guitars, a bass, lead and rhythm guitars, at least 20 violins, a sitar, veena, flute and four sets of tabla were invariably used for recording a song.
- Then came the fusion band Esperanto, who had a veena, mandolin, flute, and assorted percussion instruments and guitars.
from Sanskrit vīṇā.
More definitions of veenaDefinition of veena in:
- The British & World English dictionary