A New Zealand plant of the daisy family that has grayish hairy leaves and forms hummocks that from a distance look like sheep.
- Raoulia eximia, family Compositae
More example sentences
- The vegetable sheep are not inaptly named, for at a distance an inexperienced shepherd might perhaps be misled.
- The ridge is broad, flat, and speckled with vegetable sheep and half a dozen brightly coloured alpine plants I can't put a name to.
- A mat plant related to this vegetable sheep grows in very dry places.
Definition of vegetable sheep in:
- The British & World English dictionary