Definition of vegetation in English:
1Plants considered collectively, especially those found in a particular area or habitat: the chalk cliffs are mainly sheer with little vegetation
More example sentences
- Clear all grass or other vegetation from the area that you have selected.
- Aspergillus fumigatus is a common fungus that grows on soil, plant debris and rotting vegetation in the autumn and winter.
- The field was plowed just before planting, but natural vegetation was allowed to regrow during the experiment.
- Example sentences
- By employing pollen analysis, scientists have been able to reconstruct past vegetational communities and analyse how those vegetation patterns have changed over time.
- Pollen from deposits also produces sequences of climatic and vegetational change, but these tend to be fairly localized.
- Indirect evidence suggests that changes in prairie vole grazing patterns and reproductive physiology may be in part responsible for vegetational changes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan