- A pattern of lines, streaks, or veins: the marble’s characteristic surface veiningMore example sentences
- A fully polished marble has a semi-precious allure as the polishing process maximises the colour, pattern and veining of the stone.
- The pattern of veining on the adult wing is one of the ultimate outcomes of this patterning activity.
- The flowers are fiery orange-red on the outside, with a large yellow circle on the inner segments and a slightly darker colour and veining towards a small green throat.
More definitions of veiningDefinition of veining in:
- The British & World English dictionary