Definition of velociraptor in English:
A small dromaeosaurid dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period.
- Genus Velociraptor, family Dromaeosauridae, suborder Theropoda
- Most predatory dinosaurs such as tyrannosaurs and velociraptors have usually been depicted in museums, films and books as covered in a thick hide of dull brown or green skin.
- Some researchers have suggested that Archaeopteryx could in fact be the ancestor of a group of dinosaurs that includes velociraptors, made famous by Jurassic Park.
- I've not seen such determined hunting in packs since the velociraptors in Jurassic Park.
Definition of velociraptor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India