- see Onychophora.More example sentences
- There are three taxa conventionally included: the Onychophora (velvet worms, which do not possess an exoskeleton, and were previously considered a distinct phylum), and the superclasses Myriapoda and Hexapoda.
- Onychophora, also known as velvet worms or lobopods, are considered segmented and close relatives of the Arthropoda.
- Shy creatures, able to hide in incredibly tight crevices, these ‘velvet worms’ (about ninety living species known) are rarely seen even in their natural habitat.
More definitions of velvet wormDefinition of velvet worm in:
- The British & World English dictionary