- It's probably well known by now that Japan is the empire of vending machines, vending just about anything that can be vended.
- All flavors are available in bulk bags for retail sales, while eight come in prepacks for vending.
- Occupations among the poorer classes involved mainly domestic work but also included street vending, or small retail commerce in foodstuffs, coal or fish.
- The store vends an array of offensive and defensive equipment such as armor, weapons and ammunition.
- The company vends dairy products, bacon, eggs and spring water.
- Inside and outside ballparks and arenas, there are always people vending programs.
(also vendable) adjective
- Example sentences
- Like manufacturers, however, they generally add value to vendible commodities.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'be sold'): from French vendre or Latin vendere 'sell', from venum 'something for sale' + a variant of dare 'give'.
Words that rhyme with vendamend, append, apprehend, ascend, attend, befriend, bend, blend, blende, commend, comprehend, condescend, contend, defriend, depend, emend, end, expend, extend, fend, forfend, friend, impend, interdepend, lend, mend, misapprehend, misspend, offend, on-trend, Oostende, Ostend, perpend, portend, rend, reprehend, scrag-end, send, spend, subtend, suspend, tail end, tend, transcend, trend, underspend, unfriend, upend, weekend, wend
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of vend in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.