Definition of venereal in English:
1Of or relating to sexual desire or sexual intercourse.
- Streetwalkers are a venereal roulette wheel, but come a lot cheaper.
- On the venereal horror front, David Cronenberg's 1977 Rabid was recently released on DVD, complete with director's commentary.
- For Tancred and Poussin alike, the literal wounds of passion, whether martial or venereal, have been succored by true charity and enduring love.
1.1Of or relating to venereal disease.
- These may be caused by inflammatory bowel disease, local or systemic malignancy, venereal infection, trauma, tuberculosis, or chemotherapy.
- Genital warts, also known as condylomata acuminata or venereal warts, are one of the most common types of sexually transmitted diseases.
- This compounded product is used for chemical peels, actinic keratoses, and venereal warts.
- Example sentences
- That has only been recorded once before in the animal world, and that was a venereally transmitted canine cancer.
- It is the less obvious venereally transmitted bacteria that some specialists denounce as the culprits.
- Genital infections are spread venereally, and respiratory infections usually by inhalation.
Definition of venereal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan