- another term for phlebotomy.More example sentences
- Increased venesection and requests for specimens are also likely to have psychological costs for the patients.
- I did a venesection in the same vein, the left arm had been on President Kennedy.
- Thirty had raised serum concentrations of transferrin and started regular venesection; four had liver abnormalities.
mid 17th century: from medieval Latin venae sectio(n-) 'cutting of a vein'.
More definitions of venesectionDefinition of venesection in:
- The British & World English dictionary