Definition of vengeance in English:
Punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.
- So in the end it sort of has a happy ending, in that you get to see Grace exact vengeance.
- If they fail, the electorate in due course exacts its vengeance by throwing them out.
- I have no qualms with the premise of a pimp exacting vengeance from beyond the grave.
with a vengeance
- Used to emphasize the degree to which something occurs or is true: her headache was back with a vengeanceMore example sentences
- I tear at the paper with a vengeance to reveal that my dream had come true also.
- Two months later, arthritis returned with a vengeance and he had no recourse but to go back to the acupuncturist.
- The Manchester United empire continues to strike back with a vengeance rather than crumbling away.
Words that rhyme with vengeanceshenanigans • Huygens
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan