Definition of vengeance in English:
Punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.
- So in the end it sort of has a happy ending, in that you get to see Grace exact vengeance.
- If they fail, the electorate in due course exacts its vengeance by throwing them out.
- I have no qualms with the premise of a pimp exacting vengeance from beyond the grave.
with a vengeance
- Used to emphasize the degree to which something occurs or is true: her headache was back with a vengeanceMore example sentences
- I tear at the paper with a vengeance to reveal that my dream had come true also.
- Two months later, arthritis returned with a vengeance and he had no recourse but to go back to the acupuncturist.
- The Manchester United empire continues to strike back with a vengeance rather than crumbling away.