Definition of venom in English:
1A poisonous substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions and typically injected into prey or aggressors by biting or stinging.
- Amazingly, one of the toxins resembles an enzyme found in potent snake venoms.
- In addition, they differ in their binding ability to proteinases in crude snake venoms.
- Cobra attacks its prey by spitting poisonous venom called neurotoxin.
1.1Extreme malice and bitterness shown in someone’s attitudes, speech, or actions: his voice was full of venom
More example sentences
- Once again Grace spoke quietly, with absolutely no venom or malice, or any emotion at all.
- That's why our country is in the mess it is in right now, even our so-called religious leaders are full of venom.
- But the debates were good ones and, on the whole, discussions were held without rancour or venom.
Words that rhyme with venomenvenom
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan