- The underside or abdomen of an animal.More example sentences
- When breeding, some Scutiger males exude nuptial excrescences on their venters.
- Body colors are mostly gray or brown; pink fairy armadillos have a pinkish shell and pure white, dense fur on their sides and venters.
- Glass frogs are so named for the transparent skin on their venters, which allows for the observation of their viscera.
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'belly'.
More definitions of venterDefinition of venter in:
- The British & World English dictionary