1The provision of fresh air to a room, building, etc.
- The school building had a mechanical supply and exhaust ventilation system.
- Provide adequate ventilation with window fans when using adhesives, as some are toxic.
- Provide adequate ventilation to maintain indoor humidity levels between 30-60 %.
1.1 Medicine The supply of air to the lungs, especially by artificial means.
- All patients 18 years old or older who were receiving mechanical ventilation in the medical ICU were eligible for participation.
- Long-term intermittent noninvasive ventilation is effective in reversing ventilatory failure and improving respiratory muscle function.
- Already she has stopped breathing on three separate occasions and has required artificial ventilation to stabilise her condition.
2Public discussion or examination of an opinion, issue, complaint, etc.
- There has therefore been no significant public ventilation of the allegations now made against the doctor.
- After years of lobbying, successive governments inched towards a public ventilation of the reasons why so many innocent people suffered.
- So, no, there isn't really an effective remedy for the ventilation of these international law issues as they currently exist in Australia.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of ventilation in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.