Definition of ventilator in English:
1An appliance or aperture for ventilating a room or other space.
- A corridor along the room on one side has ventilators opening onto the drain.
- Plenty of light enters through empty portholes on both sides of the engine room and ventilator hatches in the roof.
- This is a model beehive, and that is a ventilator, for ventilating sewers.
2 Medicine An appliance for artificial respiration; a respirator.
- Patients were screened daily using published guidelines for ability to wean from the mechanical ventilator.
- Six patients reported symptomatic improvement, including three who were weaned off the mechanical ventilator.
- Therefore, the correct ventilator setting should theoretically be tested during a formal sleep study.
Definition of ventilator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan