Definition of venture capital in English:
Capital invested in a project in which there is a substantial element of risk, typically a new or expanding business.
- It has also been suggested to allow mutual funds and pension funds to invest in venture capital funds.
- He said companies should consider whether they could be small and profitable without venture capital.
- So, what does a successful first-round venture capital funding mission feel like?
- Example sentences
- He's a veteran businessman, venture capitalist, and founder of the Internet consulting firm the Yankee Group.
- He had spent six years dispensing money and management advice as a venture capitalist.
- As a venture capitalist, he provides the early funding that helps entrepreneurs turn ideas into companies in just a few months.
Definition of venture capital in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.