- With incredible rapidity Renoir began painting firm-breasted Venuses on hundreds of vases and plates.
- Lacan would have approved of Titian's Venuses.
- Each of the primitive-looking Venuses gazed at a raw stone elevated on a nearby pedestal of equal height.
Venus orbits between Mercury and the earth at an average distance of 67.2 million miles (108 million km) from the sun. It is almost equal in size to the earth, with a diameter of 7,521 miles (12,104 km) and shows phases similar to the moon. The planet is completely covered by clouds consisting chiefly of sulfuric acid droplets, and no surface detail can be seen by telescope. There is a dense atmosphere of carbon dioxide, which traps the heat of the sun by the greenhouse effect to produce a surface temperature of 460°C. The planet has no natural satellite
- Venus, Venerupis, and other genera, family Veneridae
- The saffron ladened spaghetti is topped with the outer ring of tomatoes and two Venus clams out of shell.
- An excellent eating clam, Venus clams are slightly larger and more economical than Manilas or Little Necks.
- Far fewer numbers of Venus shells, whether ancient or contemporary, show signs of predation.
Words that rhyme with Venusgenus, intravenous, Maecenas, Malvinas, Salinas, venous
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.