A plant of a genus that comprises the mulleins.
- Genus Verbascum, family Scrophulariaceae
More example sentences
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums.
- The yellow flower spikes of a dwarf mullein or verbascum.
- In mild climates in fall, most nurseries sell delphiniums, foxgloves, and verbascum.
modern Latin, from Latin, literally 'mullein'.
More definitions of verbascumDefinition of verbascum in:
- The British & World English dictionary