Definition of vermicomposting in English:
The use of earthworms to convert organic waste into fertilizer.
- Although vermiculture and vermicomposting offer potential new markets for farmers, they take time to develop and require a strong commitment, experts say.
- Composting led to vermicomposting which led to compost tea production.
- The term vermicomposting simply refers to composting organic matter with worms.
- Example sentences
- The green highlight for the school, no doubt, has to be the vermicomposter.
- Coláiste Lorcáin will be introduced to the idea of ' vermicomposter ' where biodegradable waste will be put into a special bin and recycled to compost by worms.
Definition of vermicomposting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan