- A red or white wine flavored with aromatic herbs, made chiefly in France and Italy and used in cocktails.More example sentences
- Deglaze with the white wine and vermouth and reduce slightly.
- Add the herbs and wine or vermouth and boil briskly until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- This bill covers dessert wine, sherry, vermouth, port - the drinks of the matriarchs, shall we say.
from French vermout, from German Wermut 'wormwood'.
More definitions of vermouthDefinition of vermouth in:
- The British & World English dictionary