Definition of vernal in English:
Of, in, or appropriate to spring: the vernal freshness of the land
More example sentences
- Of course, spring has its vernal breezes, thriving greenness, seasonal promises and so on.
- This past spring, I visited one such impermanent place, a vernal pool tucked into the base of Ruffner Mountain.
- The correct Latin term for spring flowering is vernal, as in Leucojum vernum, the spring snowflake, and Crocus vernus, the Dutch crocus.
mid 16th century: from Latin vernalis, from vernus 'of the spring', from ver 'spring'.
- Example sentences
- Between these extremes we collected in low-mid elevation riparian areas and vernally moist meadows.
- The periphery of vernal pools, seeps, and vernally moist locales are favored by this primitive fern.
- Approximately two acres of vernally significant ephemeral drainages and pools have been noted in the Blue Oak-Gray Pine Woodland.