- The arrangement of young leaves in a leaf bud before it opens. Compare with estivation.More example sentences
- Leaf vernation was observed in at least ten buds per entity, manually dissected under a stereomicroscope.
- Recently, a third type of leaf vernation has been shown to occur in Primula.
- This plant also has a folded vernation and a very smooth leaf blade.
late 18th century: from modern Latin vernatio(n-), from Latin vernare 'to grow (as in the spring)', from vernus (see vernal).
More definitions of vernationDefinition of vernation in:
- The British & World English dictionary