Green, as a heraldic tincture: [postpositive]: three piles vert
More example sentences
- The soup uses haricots vert, or tiny French green beans (substitute regular-size green beans if you like).
- Add haricots vert and mix well and allow to cool.
- These are snap beans right here; we plant about an acre each week and there are eleven varieties, one of which is a baby haricot vert.
Words that rhyme with vertadvert, alert, animadvert, assert, avert, Bert, blurt, Burt, cert, chert, concert, controvert, convert, curt, desert, dessert, dirt, divert, exert, flirt, girt, hurt, inert, insert, introvert, Kurt, malapert, overt, pert, quirt, shirt, skirt, spirt, spurt, squirt, Sturt, subvert, wort, yurt
Definition of vert in:
Entry from British & World English dictionary
A vertical or very steeply sloping part of a ramp, used by skateboarders, snowboarders, skiers, etc. to perform jumps and other manoeuvres.
- I voiced this out to Jack as he surveyed the view that lay in front of him, the big concrete depressions and verts, all the while listening to me.
- Would you rather jump out of a helicopter into a vert ramp or film your video part wearing Corey Duffel's pants?
- An afternoon on a vert ramp will do that to you, especially if you don't let up.
1970s: abbreviation of vertical.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.