Definition of vesper in English:
1Evening prayer: [as modifier]: vesper service See also vespers.
More example sentences
- Devoted to her faith, she attended both laud and vesper masses daily whereas the king avoided religious duties, delegating them whenever possible.
- His vesper psalms were important for establishing the practice of writing for double choir, which was to become a special feature of Venetian music.
- One evening following vespers mass, Emmanuelle robed and veiled all in black so that she remained completely incognito stepped into the dark confessional, knowing Father Connor was on the opposite side.
1.1 archaic Evening.
- The violinist forms the tenderest of silhouettes against the backdrop of the single, solitary window-sill, admiring only the sound and the ebonied vesper.
Words that rhyme with vesperVespa
Definition of vesper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.