Definition of vesper sparrow in English:
A small North American songbird related to the buntings, having streaked brown plumage and known for its evening song.
- Pooecetes gramineus, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizidae)
- The first thing he wanted to show me, once I rattled into his driveway, was the pasture where the vesper sparrows had built their nest and laid eggs early that spring.
- Robins, song sparrows, vesper sparrows, and swallows are not absent, except as breeding birds.
- The pint-size vesper sparrows darting in front of the truck seem to punctuate his point.
Definition of vesper sparrow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan