1A chasuble or other robe worn by the clergy or choristers during services.
- The liturgical vestments worn by the priest also indicate this.
- This holiday celebration began in the morning, with clergy clad in white vestments and a choir singing Gregorian chant.
- Peg was gifted with her hands and made numerous vestments for the clergy through her association with the Apostolic Workers.
1.1 archaic A garment, especially a ceremonial or official robe.
- One of the other threads (comparing orthodox medicine/psychiatric techniques to magickal ones) got me thinking about the role of clothing: uniforms, robes, ceremonial vestments, whatever.
- So the whole ritual is a sublimated performance in glittering vestments and ceremonial gestures which transform everydayness into a quasi-encounter with the otherworldly.
- Study, then, is a habit as desirable as her religious vestments, the garb of potential spiritual insight.
Definition of vestment in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.