Definition of vetchling in English:
A widely distributed scrambling plant related to the vetches, typically having fewer leaflets.
- Genus Lathyrus, family Leguminosae: several species, including L. palustris
- Field pea, lentil, and blue vetchling were also present.
- Once you get your eye tuned in to seeing the flowers in a sea of waving long grass, though, it is not too hard to spot little groups of these flowering vetchlings here and there.
- The vetches and vetchlings are native to temperate areas in both hemispheres and their range even extends into mountainous parts of Africa.
Definition of vetchling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan