Definition of vetchling in English:
A widely distributed scrambling plant related to the vetches, typically having fewer leaflets.
- Genus Lathyrus, family Leguminosae: several species, including L. palustris
- Field pea, lentil, and blue vetchling were also present.
- Once you get your eye tuned in to seeing the flowers in a sea of waving long grass, though, it is not too hard to spot little groups of these flowering vetchlings here and there.
- The vetches and vetchlings are native to temperate areas in both hemispheres and their range even extends into mountainous parts of Africa.
Words that rhyme with vetchlingtrembling • fledgling • kettling
Definition of vetchling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.