- A small container, typically cylindrical and made of glass, used especially for holding liquid medicines.More example sentences
- Ritter picked up a box off the counter containing three small vials of different colored liquids.
- Scully walks up to the table and places upon it a glass vial containing a honeybee that almost cost the agent her life.
- Both were kept in clear glass vials, which were identical in size and shape.
Middle English: alteration of phial.
More definitions of vialDefinition of vial in:
- The British & World English dictionary