A musical percussion instrument with a double row of tuned metal bars, each above a tubular resonator containing a motor-driven rotating vane, giving a vibrato effect.
- ‘Maybe we'll have some congas and bongos, marimba and vibraphones, a bass drum, cow bells - perhaps a Chinese gong,’ she said, thoughtfully.
- Mr. Herman sits surrounded by 20 percussion instruments, including two timpani, vibraphones, glockenspiel, chimes, cymbals and sleigh bells.
- Moore has a guitar, Cline has a guitar with some effects pedals, Gustaffson has a saxophone, a clarinet and a flute, and Winant has a drum kit, a vibraphone, and some various percussion.
- Example sentences
- More striking, however, was their arrangement: front and centre were the vibraphonists.
- As master jazz vibraphonist Milt Jackson said: ‘What is soul in jazz?’
- Shipp has also introduced a fascinating wild card: the largely overlooked vibraphonist Khan Jamal, who has worked with such legends of the avant-garde as drummer Sunny Murray and Sun Ra.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of vibraphone in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.