noun (plural vibratos)Music
- A rapid, slight variation in pitch in singing or playing some musical instruments, producing a stronger or richer tone. Compare with tremolo.More example sentences
- How did these women match their pitch, vibrato, and timbres with such precision?
- So I hooked up with a local violinist and asked him to play some of the music with strong vibrato, low to moderate vibrato, and zero vibrato.
- She scales back her vibrato and lightens her tone most appropriately for this repertoire.
mid 19th century: Italian, past participle of vibrare 'vibrate'.
More definitions of vibratoDefinition of vibrato in:
- The British & World English dictionary