Single (someone) out for cruel or unjust treatment: scam artists who victimize senior citizens
More example sentences
- In many countries people are victimised, terrorised, disappeared or tortured, for publicly, or even privately, expressing dissent.
- Reports that he felt victimized by racism at some point in his life don't unto themselves make his race relevant.
- A righteous-sounding phrase is being exploited to victimise persons perceived to be a threat to the regime, while others are rewarded with the ill-gotten booty.
- Example sentences
- And he seems to me to believe, finally, that the only really satisfactory ‘consequences’ are the ones victims get to inflict on victimizers, not the consequences God inflicts.
- I was referring to citizens of a militarized state, both its victims and its victimizers.
- To preserve the division of the world into victims and victimizers, therefore, it is intellectually imperative to keep migrants in a state of the most complete dependence possible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.