noun (plural victories)
- An act of defeating an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition: an election victory they won their heat and went on to victory in the final [as modifier]: a victory celebrationMore example sentences
- Coventry came on the end of a successful run - eight victories in their last ten games.
- In the end it was the narrowest of victories as Harrington's game fell apart on the 16th.
- Black Tom Fairfax was the famous general who led his armies to tremendous victories in the Civil War.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French victorie, from Latin victoria.
Entry from British & World English dictionary
More definitions of victoryDefinition of Victory in:
- The British & World English dictionary