- A roll performed by an aircraft as a sign of triumph, typically after a successful mission.More example sentences
- ‘I did a victory roll at the top,’ the 62-year-old Melvill joked from atop the spaceship after it glided safely to a landing.
- A replica of the first Bulgarian aircraft, the DAR - 1, from 1926, did a victory roll.
- Instead, he came in on the deck and pulled up in the frequently done victory roll over the runway, with anti-aircraft fire following him.
More definitions of victory rollDefinition of victory roll in:
- The British & World English dictionary