Definition of videotape in English:
1Magnetic tape for recording and reproducing visual images and sound.
- The images and sound from videotape are hugely inferior to DVD.
- The images were selected from continuous videotape recordings.
- Thus, his memory of Lisa is mediated by this black-and-white videotape recording which includes significantly the off-screen presence of Christina.
1.2A film or other piece of material recorded on videotape.
- It looked like he was outside at the time the videotape was filmed.
- A Defence Department spokesman confirmed the videotape was filmed by members of the Mexican Air Force.
- The beating went on for about 90 seconds, according to police who saw a videotape of the fracas recorded by a camcorder.
verb[with object] Back to top
Make a video recording of (an event or broadcast): his arrest was videotaped
More example sentences
- He was so superior to his task that it was like Steven Spielberg videotaping a kid's birthday party.
- The project will begin in earnest later this year, with three ethnographers tracking and videotaping one family every other week.
- They then slap some makeup on the girls and begin videotaping them.
Words that rhyme with videotapeshipshape • sellotape
Definition of videotape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan