Definition of videotape in English:
1Magnetic tape for recording and reproducing visual images and sound.
- The images and sound from videotape are hugely inferior to DVD.
- The images were selected from continuous videotape recordings.
- Thus, his memory of Lisa is mediated by this black-and-white videotape recording which includes significantly the off-screen presence of Christina.
1.2A film or other piece of material recorded on videotape.
- It looked like he was outside at the time the videotape was filmed.
- A Defence Department spokesman confirmed the videotape was filmed by members of the Mexican Air Force.
- The beating went on for about 90 seconds, according to police who saw a videotape of the fracas recorded by a camcorder.
verb[with object] Back to top
Make a video recording of (an event or broadcast): his arrest was videotaped
More example sentences
- He was so superior to his task that it was like Steven Spielberg videotaping a kid's birthday party.
- The project will begin in earnest later this year, with three ethnographers tracking and videotaping one family every other week.
- They then slap some makeup on the girls and begin videotaping them.
Definition of videotape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.