Definition of vigor in English:
1Physical strength and good health.
- According to the study, symmetry of face and body suggests health and vigor - and therefore genetic fitness - while asymmetry implies the opposite.
- You are blessed with good health and vigour, which enable you to participate in busy schedules.
- ‘We're against apathy,’ he says, setting the juice aside. Renewed health and vigor seems to flow into him as he warms to his topic.
1.1Effort, energy, and enthusiasm: they set about the new task with vigor
More example sentences
- Such hope lent a spring to their step and vigour to their efforts in the face of determined opposition.
- And the young cast brings to the production enough raw energy and vigour to leave the audience spellbound.
- Energy, vigour and emotion were what were missing most in the second-rate acting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.