- 1Strong, healthy, and full of energy.More example sentences
- And the pope, we're told, kept up his full, vigorous schedule this Christmas Eve, despite his frail health.
- Be vigorous and full of energy, and make ceaseless efforts.
- After a healthy life, this vigorous, energetic, dynamic man was gone at age 59.
- 1.1Characterized by or involving physical strength, effort, or energy: vigorous aerobic exerciseMore example sentences
- Trying to sweat out a cold and fever with vigorous physical exercise is a really bad idea.
- Unfortunately this lack of vigorous physical exercise has resulted in an increase of various illnesses.
- The hunger I felt was the kind you could only get after using up large amounts of energy on vigorous physical activity.
- 1.2(Of language) forceful: a vigorous denialMore example sentences
- It's a vigorous language, by turns colloquial and formal, precise, even-toned, elegant, sly, ironic, subtle and funny.
- Certainly, despite vigorous denials, there was tension between the two during filming.
- She shook her head in vigorous denial, and Angel and Doyle both glanced at her.
- More example sentences
- One of them would comment on the vigorousness of the newly sprouted fields, and another would off-handedly mention the healthy appearance of a newly purchased servant.
- What level of vigorousness do you feel leads to the most effective learning in your aikido training?
- This video shows the vigorousness of Lingnan students
Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin vigorosus, from Latin vigor (see vigor).