Definition of vilify in English:
verb (vilifies, vilifying, vilified)[with object]
Speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner: he has been vilified in the press
More example sentences
- Those who dislike speech or publications vilifying certain groups should speak out in their defence, not use the law to punish unwelcome opinions.
- When anybody calls their bluff and punctures this self-delusion, they can only cope by insulting and vilifying their critics.
- You speak of democracy but vilify those that dare speak against your hero.
- Example sentences
- The time has come for a vicious vendetta against the vox populi and the vociferating vilifiers of vice.
- In each of these four cases, the vilifier has been murdered.
- I guess I'm one of the main vilifiers and I'd be lying if I said I'm ashamed of that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.