Definition of vilify in English:
verb (vilifies, vilifying, vilified)[with object]
Speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner: he has been vilified in the press
More example sentences
- Those who dislike speech or publications vilifying certain groups should speak out in their defence, not use the law to punish unwelcome opinions.
- When anybody calls their bluff and punctures this self-delusion, they can only cope by insulting and vilifying their critics.
- You speak of democracy but vilify those that dare speak against your hero.
- Example sentences
- The time has come for a vicious vendetta against the vox populi and the vociferating vilifiers of vice.
- In each of these four cases, the vilifier has been murdered.
- I guess I'm one of the main vilifiers and I'd be lying if I said I'm ashamed of that.
Words that rhyme with vilifysimplify
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan