nounchiefly • archaic
- A person of very low intelligence resident and well known in a village.More example sentences
- I remember it had a village green with a village idiot sitting there.
- He turns out to be the clown (almost the village idiot, frankly) of the evening.
- At first, they pick on a village idiot, with the mental age of a child, and when that doesn't work, pick on someone else and then someone else.
More definitions of village idiotDefinition of village idiot in:
- The British & World English dictionary