Definition of villous in English:
1(Of a structure, especially the epithelium) covered with villi.
- In some instances, multiple tissues from individual specimen were analyzed, including amniotic membrane, chorionic membrane, chorionic villous stroma, and trophoblast, as well as fetal tissues.
- This can be because of the material itself (sorbitol, lactose, etc) or due to disruption of the villous structure of the small intestine.
- Gluten causes the intestinal mucosa to lose its villous structure and absorptive capacity.
1.1 Medicine (Of a condition) affecting the villi: villous atrophy
More example sentences
- From the data presented in Table 3, it appears that a close interlesional association exists between HEV and villitis of unknown etiology, fetal-placental vessel thrombi, villous fibrosis, and erythroblastosis.
- Primary Infarcts.-Discrete areas of ischemic villous necrosis (primary infarcts) reflect obstruction to maternal - placental blood flow.
- Results.-Lesions that were frequently coexistent in HEV-affected placentas included villitis of unknown etiology, chorionic thrombi, villous fibrosis, erythroblastosis, and primary infarcts.
Definition of villous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan