(also vin du pays)
noun (plural vins de pays pronunc. same)
- The third-highest French classification of wine, indicating that the wine meets certain standards including area of production, strength, and quality.More example sentences
- By 1997 vins de pays constituted 27 per cent of all French wine produced and the long-term aim is to upgrade even more of the production of the vast Languedoc-Roussillon regions from vin de table to vin de pays.
- Not only famous for being the Oc in vin de pays d' Oc, the area in the south-west of France also has some good, relatively inexpensive appellations.
- The French vin de pays section is very strong and there is a fine port selection.
French, literally 'wine of the region'.
More definitions of vin de paysDefinition of vin de pays in:
- The British & World English dictionary