- 1A plantation of grapevines, typically producing grapes used in winemaking.More example sentences
- Some wineries may even tell you the specific vineyard that the grapes had been grown.
- Wine can be confusing, because even the wine from the same vineyard and winemaker changes from year to year.
- Each commandery had its vineyard or vineyards: hence the name of the modern dessert wine from Cyprus.
- 1.1A sphere of action or labor (in allusion to Matt. 20:1): women professors laboring in feminist vineyardsMore example sentences
- They have not laboured in the vineyard long enough to accept the dynamics of the struggle that he has been engaged in.
- It's all very well to give young people their chance, but they should have laboured a bit in the parliamentary vineyard.
- His people are labourers in the vineyard of the American dream who never got to taste the wine.