- 1The year that a particular wine was produced.More example sentences
- These are wines from vintage years that have spent five or so years in oak.
- Like a good wine. You'd have to choose one of vintage years of course.
- But his cellar is still filled from previous years, and because he lacks additional containers he is considering pouring out a part of the older wine in storage which dates from an inferior vintage year.
- 1.1A particularly successful year for some pursuit or product: it was a vintage year for home-run hittersMore example sentences
- ‘I can tell this is going to be a vintage year for purple indica,’ he said, gazing like a proud papa at a bush about six feet high.
- But as he enters the vintage years of his career, he has matured like a fine wine, with his tally of 13 league goals last season his best-ever in a campaign.
- All that matters is that he lives up to his potential to be as good now as he was in those vintage years.