Definition of vinyl acetate in English:
A colorless liquid ester used in the production of polyvinyl acetate and other commercially important polymers.
- Chemical formula: CH2CHOCOCH3
- Acetylene or ethyne is used to also make vinyl chloride and vinyl acetate, both of which are converted to polymers.
- Among the other commonly encountered vinyl compounds are vinyl bromide, vinyl ester, vinyl acetate, and vinylbenzene (also called styrene).
- The water-soluble macromolecular compound preferably includes a copolymer of N-vinyl - 2-pyrrolidone and vinyl acetate as a primary component.
Definition of vinyl acetate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.