A colorless toxic gas used in the production of polyvinyl chloride and other commercially important polymers.
- Chemical formula: CH2CHCl
More example sentences
- These are usually based on copolymers of vinyl acetate with vinyl chloride, acrylic or methacrylic esters or styrene, produced by addition polymerisation.
- Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.
- After polyvinyl chloride is produced, vinyl chloride gas is trapped in the finished product and can escape.
Definition of vinyl chloride in:
- The British & World English dictionary