Definition of violist in English:
1ˌvēˈōləst A viola player.
- I'll bet he even makes viola jokes (most violists do, in self-defence).
- Paul Hindemith was a musical polymath - composer, conductor, violist, educator, and musicologist.
- Furthermore, the adagio presents the violist and pianist with a tour de force: fourteen minutes of slow playing at a dynamic range restricted mostly to soft.
2ˈvīələst A viol player.
- Young Alfonso was accepted at court in his turn, a singer, lutenist and violist.
- He employed five violists, two keyboard players, a consort of singers, and he had at least four organs at the time of his death in 1612.
Words that rhyme with violisttrialist
Definition of violist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.