1ˌvēˈōləst A viola player.
- I'll bet he even makes viola jokes (most violists do, in self-defence).
- Paul Hindemith was a musical polymath - composer, conductor, violist, educator, and musicologist.
- Furthermore, the adagio presents the violist and pianist with a tour de force: fourteen minutes of slow playing at a dynamic range restricted mostly to soft.
2ˈvīələst A viol player.
- Young Alfonso was accepted at court in his turn, a singer, lutenist and violist.
- He employed five violists, two keyboard players, a consort of singers, and he had at least four organs at the time of his death in 1612.
Words that rhyme with violisttrialist
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of violist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.