Definition of viper's bugloss in English:
A bristly plant of the borage family, with pink buds that open to blue flowers. It was formerly used in the treatment of snake bites. Native to Eurasia, it is now widespread throughout North America.
- Echium vulgare, family Boraginaceae
- Flowers suitable for the less formal border are harebell, foxglove, ox-eye daisy, toadflax, alpine, autumn and field gentians, cranesbill, forget-me-not, and viper's bugloss.
- On the picnic table, Angela had arranged a vase of wildflowers picked by the road, which she now identified for me: viper's bugloss, butter-and-eggs, oxeye daisy.
- The larva feeds on the flowers and leaves of viper's bugloss, Symphytum or other Boraginaceae, pupating in a dead stem or rotten wood.
Definition of viper's bugloss in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan