- A method of product promotion that relies on getting customers to market an idea, product, or service on their own by telling their friends about it, usually by e-mail: [as modifier]: a carefully designed viral marketing strategyMore example sentences
- His current research interests include P2P business models, online communities, permission marketing, viral marketing, personalization, spamming, and privacy.
- The use of specific Internet marketing tactics such as micro sites and viral marketing to woo select Web users has become particularly enticing.
- The company offers viral marketing, opt-in reward programs and direct marketing.
More definitions of viral marketingDefinition of viral marketing in:
- The British & World English dictionary