Definition of virile in English:
1(Of a man) having strength, energy, and a strong sex drive.
- He deconstructs myths of the tough virile man, laying his anxieties bare on the floor.
- These guys all want to come home, have their necks rubbed, have their slippers handed to them, and be told what big, virile men they are.
- I must be very lucky person because every time I look at my e - mail someone wants to make me a millionaire, help me lose weight or become the world's most virile man.
1.1Having or characterized by strength and energy: a strong, virile performance of the Mass
More example sentences
- Entrapment: ‘a subtle and surprisingly virile performance’.
- A wonderfully virile performance of a great work!
- Cummins is a vulnerable, angry, intense, virile and passionate performer, making a ‘raging bull’ appear human, sad, remorseful and honourable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan