- The complete, infective form of a virus outside a host cell, with a core of RNA or DNA and a capsid.More example sentences
- The humoral arm produces virus-neutralizing antibodies that, when fully effective, completely prevent virions from infecting new host cells.
- It is probable that movement of poliovirions occurs through the interaction of the virions with the host cell actin similar to the mechanisms seen in some bacterial infections 10-12.
- However, the tubes may contain multiple virions, or capsids, like peas in a pod, or the linear arrangement of spores in neurospora filaments.
More definitions of virionDefinition of virion in:
- The British & World English dictionary